LIFE V-aiR project
What is the LIFE V-aiR project ?
The LIFE V-aiR project has been launched on September 26th, 2022 and will last 4 years. The aim is to create and deploy 2 games in virtual reality to train local decision-makers and raise citizens’ awareness of the crucial issues of air, climate and energy :
- One serious game in virtual reality for politics decision makers
- One escape game in virtual reality for the citizens.
The total project budget is 1.3 million euros. 60% is financed by the LIFE program of the European Union, with co-financing from the Grand-Est Region, the City of La Rochelle and 9 beneficiary partners.
The LIFE V-aiR project includes 8 main actions :
- Project management and coordination, led by Atmo Grand Est
- Preparation of the input data for the 2 virtual games, led by Atmo Grand Est
- Writing and conceptualization of the 2 games, led by Atmo Hauts-de-France
- Production of the games (design, development, testing) led by the University of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
- Deployment to decision-makers and citizens, led by Atmo Normandie
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project, led by Atmo Grand Est
- Replicability and transferability of games, driven by Atmo Grand Est
- Communication, dissemination and networking led by Madininair
The data presented corresponds to the expected results. The actual results of the project will be accessible at the end of the project, i.e. at the end of 2026.
-* Beneficiary partners
The project is led by Atmo Grand Est and includes 8 other beneficiary partners : ABMEE, Atmo Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Atmo Hauts-de-France, Atmo Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Atmo Normandie, University of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, University of Malaga and Madininair.
Each beneficiary will experience the games on its territory. 8 European territories are thus integrated into the project : the city of Malaga in Spain, the city of Braşov in Romania and 6 French regions (Grand-Est, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Hauts-de-France, Nouvelle Aquitaine, Normandie and Martinique).
-* Co-funding partners
-* Associated partners
The project also includes 3 associated partners who will participate in the visibility, distribution and use of the games : ATMO France Federation, French Alliance of Communities for Air Quality and UCSA.
For any information on the LIFE V-aiR project, you can contact the referent person of the project within Madininair :
Gaëlle Grataloup - firstname.lastname@example.org